Wednesday, January 21, 2009
How to get a Kreativ Award
How cool is that? Heather from Croq Zine - the Blog gave me a Kreative Award. How neat that someone likes my blog, it totally inspires me to keep updating - just hope I have time when I go back to work.
On her blog she has tons of great ideas - she also does the Dollar Store Crafts site.
One of my favorite ideas on her Croq-Zine blog is this Family Portrait Party.
For the Kreativ Blogger Award:
Here’s what I’ve gotta do:
The rules are:
- List six things that inspire my creativity
- Pass the award on to 6 more kreativ bloggers
- Link back to the person who gave you the award
- Link to the people you are passing it on to and leave them a comment to let them know.
Six things that inspire my creativity
1. Blogs - I'm addicted to blogs. I have to update my blog around list on the side since that's only a sprinkling of all the blogs I actually check out everyday. I love looking at what other people are doing and I'm totally inspired to try new things. I have this urge now to make a quilt because of this blog
2. My stash - I have so much fabric and trims and crafting stuff. I will often dig through my boxes and boxes of fabric to see what I want to make next. Then I pull them out and put them in an open box so I can look and it. I just need to organize so I know where everything is.
3. Craft, sewing and art books and magazines. I have some old Burda magazines that I check out often just to see if there is anything I want to make. I also have a few books and other magazines that I look through every once in awhile.
4. Recipes - I love to cook and I love to find new good and hopefully easy recipes that taste good. So I love cook books, especially with pictures. I will pick them up and just check out ideas for dinner. I don't always follow recipes 100% but I like the inspiration.
5. TV - I know weird but I love to watch Martha, Top Chef, Top Design, Project Catwalk, Top Model and I totally get inspired to use ideas from these shows.
6. My girls - especially Lilo (my 3 year old), she's crafty like mom. I love how she comes in my studio and says, "Mom, I want to make something". Or in the kitchen and wants to make something from her work book (really a cookbook but she calls it a work book).
6 People I'm giving the Kreativ Award to.
1. One Pretty Thing
2. Film in the Fridge
3. Skip to my Lou
5. Make and Takes
6. According to Kelly