Wednesday, January 21, 2009

How to get a Kreativ Award


How cool is that? Heather from Croq Zine - the Blog gave me a Kreative Award. How neat that someone likes my blog, it totally inspires me to keep updating - just hope I have time when I go back to work.
On her blog she has tons of great ideas - she also does the Dollar Store Crafts site.
One of my favorite ideas on her Croq-Zine blog is this Family Portrait Party.


For the Kreativ Blogger Award:
Here’s what I’ve gotta do:
The rules are:
- List six things that inspire my creativity
- Pass the award on to 6 more kreativ bloggers
- Link back to the person who gave you the award
- Link to the people you are passing it on to and leave them a comment to let them know.

Six things that inspire my creativity
1. Blogs - I'm addicted to blogs. I have to update my blog around list on the side since that's only a sprinkling of all the blogs I actually check out everyday. I love looking at what other people are doing and I'm totally inspired to try new things. I have this urge now to make a quilt because of this blog
2. My stash - I have so much fabric and trims and crafting stuff. I will often dig through my boxes and boxes of fabric to see what I want to make next. Then I pull them out and put them in an open box so I can look and it. I just need to organize so I know where everything is.
3. Craft, sewing and art books and magazines. I have some old Burda magazines that I check out often just to see if there is anything I want to make. I also have a few books and other magazines that I look through every once in awhile.
4. Recipes - I love to cook and I love to find new good and hopefully easy recipes that taste good. So I love cook books, especially with pictures. I will pick them up and just check out ideas for dinner. I don't always follow recipes 100% but I like the inspiration.
5. TV - I know weird but I love to watch Martha, Top Chef, Top Design, Project Catwalk, Top Model and I totally get inspired to use ideas from these shows.
6. My girls - especially Lilo (my 3 year old), she's crafty like mom. I love how she comes in my studio and says, "Mom, I want to make something". Or in the kitchen and wants to make something from her work book (really a cookbook but she calls it a work book).

6 People I'm giving the Kreativ Award to.
1. One Pretty Thing
2. Film in the Fridge
3. Skip to my Lou
4. Grosgrain
5. Make and Takes
6. According to Kelly

2 comments:

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

My 2-1/2 yo says "Mom, I want to do a little pah-ject."

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Awww! Thanks so much for the award! I love that some of my favorite bloggers are on this very same list, it totally makes my day!