I measured across the bottom and cut.
Then using a glue gun I applied white webbing to the edge. The ends of the webbing are just folder and glued to the back.
It was also the first time since we moved in that I've actually dusted the shades, so they are a lot less dingy now.
We had these shades in all the rooms at the front of our house, so I fixed the 2 in our bedroom and the 2 in the bathroom. I left the shades in Lilo's room as-is, since I they fringed edge goes with her girly theme. And now that the shades in her room aren't the same as all of the other rooms, they almost look like they were put there on purpose.
Now I need some kind of curtain or valence to add a pop of colour in our bedroom. Our room is entirely white, since we have never been able to settle on a colour to paint it. We HAD to do something with our bedroom immediately upon moving in, since the previous owners had left behind a pink and purple sponge painting experiement gone horribly wrong with a metallic floral boarder. So white it was, and white it has stayed. But at least these new-ish shades have helped clean it up a little more, for now. I also am thinking that I could add another colour ribbon above the white webbing to add some colour/interest.