The fabric is a combination of inherited fabric, left over from Lilo's baby's room and odd scraps.
To make, I just zig zagged all the pieces in place. Since I didn't use any fusible web (because I was lazy and didn't think I needed to waste it) I found it easier to sew the outer plate on the place mat first and then work my way in to the flower last and then sew the place mat to the table cloth. The first time I tried, I sewed the flower on to the inside layer of the plate but it stretched the fabric a bit and didn't lie as flat so I found more layers of fabric made it lie flatter - plus a good ironing.
I sewed a ribbon in a ring to hold the napkins in place. The napkin I just sewed the edges over and trimmed one end with lace.
I was originally thinking of double layering the table cloth but the fabric was heavy enough that I didn't think it was necessary so I just trimmed the edges in the floral fabric.