Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How to make feather earrings

More Christmas presents I made, here are some feather earrings made from leather and beads. This was another gift made from my stash of stuff, nothing purchased to make them.
I went through my stash of leather scraps and finally got to use some of the printed leather swatches. I cut out 2 feather shapes for each earring. I used my punch to make holes in the top feather, a combination of small and bigger holes. I also made a small hole at the top of each feather.

Then I created a string of beads using an assortment of coordinating bead that I had. I made a loop at the top so I could string it all together.


Then I took a piece of coated wire and strung on a crimp bead, black spacer bead, red feather, another black spacer bead, printed feather, bead string, black spacer bead, another crimp bead and then the earring.

Thread the wire back through to create a hoop. Then using pliers, crimp the crimp beads and trim extra wire. The challenge is to make the hoop the same size on the other earring.
I made 2 pairs but would like to make more, I really like how they turned out. So package them I used a blank gift tag that I had printed and punched small holes to fit the earrings in.

5 comments:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

WHOA! Those are so, so, SO cool! I absolutely love them! Thanks so much for sharing the how-to. This is going on my gotta-make-it list right away. I'll be linking as well.

Darija said...

I really like the look of those. very creative and very cool!

Mad in Crafts said...

Gorgeous! I am adding these to my first Feature Friday! Grab a button.

Jennifer said...

so pretty! Do you sell those??

The Beading Gem said...

I stumbled upon your site and I love your ideas! This tutorial is so pretty! Thanks for sharing. I will link in a future blog post.