Wednesday, December 10, 2008

How to finish all your projects

So I have a ton of ideas for Christmas and these bridesmaid dresses to make so I'm hoping I can get everything done. I have been lucky that my girls seem to be napping at the same time lately which gives me sometime 2 or more hours free. So instead of cleaning or figuring out what to make for dinner, I've been in my studio.
My wreath is almost done - just have to put a hook on it to hang it (I'll post when it's hung). And I have a few other projects started - 1 dress muslin was fitted and the other 2 I have started the patterns.
So I've started a list of everything I want/need to do.

Bridemaid dresses (wedding in May)
dress 1 (TO)- update pattern - cut out real fabric
dress 5 (Calgary) make pattern (sending to Calgary Dec 24)
dress 2 (shanghai) - make pattern/muslin (coming Jan 10)
dress 3 (TO) - make pattern/muslin
dress 4 (Calgary) make pattern/muslin (coming March)
dress 6 (Calgary) wait for measurements (preggo)
dress 7 (Kingston) wait for measurements (preggo)

Christmas presents
presents for kids (surprize)
find containers for spice rub
Finish bibs
more pinecone ordnaments

Personal Xmas
Stocking for Isla
Pinecone wreath
Tree hats for the girls - done
Xmas tea towels

Sewing
dress for me for wedding (Jan)

I really need to print this out otherwise it will just get forgotten about on my computer and then I will be rushing last minute.

Oh and this doesn't take into account for the other things that pop into my head and will get added to the list.
Like I would really like to make more stockings but Isla is the only one that NEEDS one so she will get hers first. I have a friendly challenge with Heather from Dollar Store Crafts to post our finished stockings since I'm using her idea from her site.
Here is my stash of fabric I've found to work with - I'm excited to start.

No comments: