Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How to make yummy snowmen


I saw this idea on a blog before Christmas but when I tried to find it again I couldn't remember where it was from.
So this project started as a bribe to get Lilo inside - this girl will play outside all day - which is normally ok but I really had to pee :) Sorry but true :)

It's just 3 big marshmallows on a wooden skewer - covered with melted white chocolate. I had some of those white chocolate disk things that you use to make chocolate forms, I chopped them up a bit and then microwaved them. They took longer than I thought to melt and didn't melt that well, not sure if that's normal or if it's because they are about a year old. So instead of dipping the marshmallows in I just used a spoon to cover them.
Then Lilo decorated them with some cut up jelly beans and candy corns. These were also a year old (I know not the freshest) - so to cut up the jelly beans I put them in the microwave for a few seconds to soften them so I could cut them. Prep the decorations before you put the chocolate on so it doesn't dry on you.
I didn't have anything to make hats out of so I used one of the milk chocolate disks so it kinda looks like a jewish snowman with a yamika :) Why not?
The hardest part of making this was having Lilo wait to eat it.

No comments: