Wednesday, February 04, 2009

How to make Valentines Art


I forgot I made this and was going to post. While checking out blogs I came across this etsy site - Royal Buffet and I was totally inspired. I've been wanting to make a mobile of butterflies and was going to use scrapbooking paper but I love the look of the magazine paper.
I have a pile of old Home magazines that are years old so not super useful so I went through and pulled out the papers that were pink or red. Then using my Sizzix die cutter and my heart punch I punched out a bunch of hearts.
The canvas is from the dollar store - a very thoughtful Christmas gift from my nephew. I painted it using some old latex paint and a little acrylic to give it some colour variation.
When it was dry I place the folded hearts on in a pattern. Then glued the folded edge onto the canvas. It looked a little bare so I added a few more mini hearts to fill it in a bit.
I think I'm going to hang it in Lilo's room.
I still want to make a butterfly mobile or attach them to these laterns I bought - so I need to find a butterfly die cut.

No comments: