Friday, June 08, 2007

How to ... waste 3 hours in an airport

So why do you need to be at the airport so early? I get it for going to the US since you go through customs here but it literally took me 10 mins to get my ticket, check my bags and go through sercurity. So I'm now left with 3 hours before my flight leaves for Beijing.
So since travelling business class I get to hang out in the Air Canada lounge. It's pretty nice, free drinks, food and magazines. Not sure if the magazines are just to look at here or if you can take - but I might snag a few. They also have wireless internet so I checked my work emails - everything seems to be going fine and I've taught up on my blog reading so I decided to post for the first time in a month.
Wow - it's been so long. It's not that I haven't done anything blog worthy, just no pictures or time to post.
I did make 3 skirts this week to bring on my trip. They are nothing fancy just easy knit skirts but so comfy. Being a pack rat as mentioned in post 1 - I have loads of fabric kicking around. I think I counted 7 big tupperware bins of fabric - the guy from Clean Sweep would kill me. But I love that I don't have to go to a store to buy anything and can make 3 skirts on a whim one night. From my past jobs I've gotten 1-2 yard pieces of fabric for reference. These pieces usually just get thrown out as they aren't enough for much, except a knee length skirt.
So I took a few, traced out a skirt I've made before, sew the 2 side seams, add elastic to the waist and there you go. I did hem one of them but didn't for the others, it's the style now :)
One of the pieces of fabric had marked on it so I cut circles out of the fabric and sewed them on the skirt to add a unique style.
Well I think I'm going to check out the food situation.
Chat more in China.
Vone

No comments: