Saturday, December 13, 2008

How to make a pinecone wreath - Part 2


So I finally finished my pinecone wreath and I love it.
I've added 3 poinsettias made out of felt and a button. Here's how to make them.
1. First cut out 5 leaf shapes out of felt.

2. Then cut out 3-5 more smaller leaf shapes

3. Cut out a circle of felt to use to glue the leaves on. Start glueing the larger leaves on around the circle with a hot glue gun.

4. Once all the leaves are on then pinch together in the centre to give it some shape. If the glue is still warm it will hold the shape.

5. Then start adding the smaller leaves. You can use your thumb to create a crease in the centre of these leaves.

6. Add a button in the centre.

Repeat with the other flowers. Then glue gun to the wreath.

On the back of the wreath I screwed in a piece of wire to hang it from.

Check in my previous post for direction on making the wreath.

Yay - I'm getting projects done. Maybe I will get everything done for Christmas.

1 comment:

Myrnie said...

Oh, I love the pinecones!