Monday, December 22, 2008

How to make a stocking with fabric scraps


I finished Isla's stocking - yay!
I wasn't sure that I would have time but I'm glad I did since well being her first Christmas she needed a stocking just for her - and I think she likes it :)
I made it with scraps of fabric - the idea was from the Dollar store crafts site. I cut out a stocking shape out of muslin and then just laid out the fabric pieces until I got the look I liked. I then sewed them on and then glue gunned ribbons, rick rack and sequins on it to finish it off. I think it turned out really nice - I was going to write her name on it, maybe next year.

2 comments:

Sara said...

That looks awesome!!!
I really really like this idea and the results ... Although doesn't really work for someone that doesn't have spare fabric, but if I do - whooey - I would totally do this.
Oh and I'd need muslin. And that other stuff you used... right - I'm totally never going to make one of these, but I WISH I could!

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

It looks so cute!! Great job! You could glue her name on in ric rac... just an idea.