Monday, November 09, 2009

Muffin Tin Mondays - Green Eggs and Ham

Last night while I was reading Lilo Green Eggs and Ham before bed, she asked if I liked green eggs and ham. I said that I had never tried them, maybe we could make them for lunch tomorrow. Since there was no set theme for Muffin Tin Monday I thought this would be fun.

So here are my green eggs and ham - along with the boat (that he would not eat them on)
The green eggs are egg white that I cut into circles using a cup and a scoop of avocado for the green yolk.
The ham was just painted with food colouring.
And the boat is a good ole PB&J with a cheese slice sail (that broke before I could get a photo)

Lilo will now say that she does like green eggs and ham and Isla liked the ham best - even though in the picture she has a funny face - she did like it :)
While I was making lunch Lilo got on the computer and remembered this site and wanted to watch/listen to the Green Eggs and Ham book - and then I also read the book to them while they were eating.
Check out more Muffin Tins here.

6 comments:

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

fantastic! I love the avacado that looks like green eggs!

The Activity Mom said...

So creative! B loves that book and would love to do that.

Unknown said...

I like the book tie. The eggs were so creative.

Our Little Family said...

Love it!! I love when there's a book or craft connection, too. How fun!

Jeanette said...

Wow! Super clever. I love it.

Vone said...

Lilo liked it so much she had some leftovers for dinner.