Saturday, January 28, 2012

How to use a scanner to create art

My daughter, Lilo's, favourite show right now is Artzooka. It's the Canadian Mister Maker who's a little more digital - using scanners, digital cameras and video cameras. So after he made some pictures using a scanner Lilo was bugging me to scan something. Finally one day we did and it was a fun.

She first cut out a picture of a butterfly. Then we put it on the scanner window and then put printed paper behind it and hit scan. Then we tried different paper, pieces of fabric, clothes, a clown wig, beads and whatever fun things we could find. I'm not sure who was having more fun with it, her or me.
If we did it again I would cut out the shape on a darker piece of paper instead of just white, but it still turned out pretty cool. We didn't print them out but now that I put them all together I think it would make a cool piece of art for her room.

1 comment:

Jen C said...

I love this! I need to try it with my kids. My oldest is really into butterflies and fairies, so this is right up her alley.
That would make great wall art if printed out for sure.
Must look up that show.

Hope you're well, thinking of you after last week, sorry to see you go. Take care.
Jen